Aylesbury Garden Town Draft Masterplan sets out eight guiding principles that will transform the area into an Aylesbury for everyone.
A six-week consultation has begun on the Aylesbury Garden Town Draft Masterplan which sets out an exciting vision for the transformation of the area over the next three decades.
It is nearly three years since Aylesbury was awarded Garden Town status and given a once in a lifetime opportunity to improve the lives of our community. Since then, and with the help of the community, we’ve produced a Draft Masterplan that sets out the aims and ambitions to transform Aylesbury Garden Town into an innovative, vibrant and healthy town that builds on Aylesbury’s heritage and strengths and looks to its future opportunities as a Garden Town.
Residents, businesses, and the wider community are being asked to have their say on the Draft Masterplan through a public consultation that runs from Monday 6 January to Friday 14 February.
A number of roadshows will be held across Aylesbury throughout January so that we can share our vision for the future.
These will be held on:
- Wednesday 8 January at Stoke Mandeville Olympic Lodge Room 3, HP21 9PP, 6pm to 8pm
- Monday 13 January at The Aylesbury Vale Academy Primary, HP18 OFG, 6pm to 8pm
- Wednesday 15 January at The Church on Fairford Leys, HP19 7HT, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Thursday 16 January at the Healthy Living Centre, HP21 8TJ, 9am to noon
- Tuesday 21 January at The Oculus at The Gateway, HP19 8FF, AVDC, 4pm to 8pm
- Thursday 23 January, Weston Turville Village Hall, HP22 5RW, 6pm to 8pm
- Monday 27 January at The Canal Side, HP20 1AP, 6pm to 8pm
- Monday 29 January at Watermead Village Hall, HP19 OFU, 6pm to 8pm
A copy of the Draft Masterplan is available to read in local libraries in Aylesbury, reception areas of AVDC and BCC offices and on our website together with an opportunity to provide feedback though an online survey.
Cllr Bill Chapple OBE, Chairman of the Board of Aylesbury Garden Town, said: “Aylesbury was granted Garden Town status in January 2017 and our Draft Masterplan presents what is possible for the Aylesbury Garden Town area. It also demonstrates our commitment to listen to people across Aylesbury as we have used feedback from residents, businesses and local groups to understand the challenges that Aylesbury will face in the future and to design an Aylesbury for everyone.
“The eight guiding principles will create a vibrant and thriving community that is green, healthy, productive and accessible and simply a great place to be.”
For full information on the Draft Masterplan visit www.aylesburygardentown.co.uk/masterplan